sâmbătă, 28 septembrie 2013

Katy Perry covers Billboard magazine


Katy Perry is stunning on the cover of Billboard magazine’s latest issue.
Here’s what the 28-year-old singer had to share with the mag:
About an interview she did with Barbara Walters towards the end of her marriage: “I shouldn’t have done the interview: I was playing Madison Square Garden that same night, and I knew that the end of my marriage was coming. I was just exhausted and stressed. I’d prepped everyone that I was running late, but Barbara showed up at the original time anyway. When I got there, I apologized immediately, but then she said to me, ‘You know, I’ve only ever waited for one other person this long, and you know who that person was? Judy Garland. You know how she turned out, right?’ I was like, ‘Oh, snap! Yes, b—-h!’ I think it’s the coolest thing that Barbara Walters shaded me. I just couldn’t tell her as we were sitting down for a mega-interview, ‘Hey, my marriage is falling apart. Give me a break.’”
On her beau John Mayer: “He literally is a genius, as is evident from his songwriting. I always tell him, ‘Darling, you know I’m going to have to give your mind to science after you’ve passed, because we’re going to have to understand how all these sparks work.’ We’ll be in bed, and he’ll be doing the crossword puzzle. Every night, he tries to finish it in under 10 minutes. When he puts his mind to something, he really gets it done very well. I always ask for his help.”
On where she sees herself in the future: I’ll probably turn into more of a Joni Mitchell. As I inch towards my 30s, I think my fourth record will be more of an acoustic guitar album. That’s where I started when I was first discovered by Glen Ballard and got my first record deal. We’ll see—I can’t get ahead of myself. I’m still doing the work: I’m a good balance of left and right brain, and to be an artist with a long career, you’ve got to have both. One thing John [Mayer] said to me was, ‘It’s harder maintaining success than finding it.’ I’ve got a few records under my belt, and I still feel like a brand-new artist. People still want that truth to cut through.”
-I.
source:justjared

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu