marți, 1 octombrie 2013

Jay Z covers Vanity Fair magazine


He's gearing up for the start of his Magna Carter World Tour and during promotions, Jay Z scored the cover spot of Vanity Fair's November 2013 issue
During his interview with the publication, the "Holy Grail" hitmaker chatted about his daughter Blue Ivy's love for music and details about his drug dealing past.
On Blue's love for music: "She does like her mother's music - she watches [Beyonce's concerts] on the computer every night. But my album came out and I don't know if Blue ever heard any of my music prior to this album - she's only 18 months old and I don't play my music around the house. But this album was new, so we played it. And she loves all the songs. She plays a song and goes, 'More, Daddy, more... Daddy song.' She's my biggest fan. If no one bought the Magna Carta [album], the fact that she loves it so much, it gives me the greatest joy. And that's not like a cliche. I'm really serious. Just to see her - 'Daddy song, more, Daddy.' She's genuine, she's honest, because she's doesn't know it makes me happy. She just wants to hear it."
On copyrighting Blue's name:
"People wanted to make products based on our child's name and you don't anybody trying to benefit off your baby's name. It wasn't for us to do anything as you see, we haven't done anything."
On selling drugs:
"I know about budgets. I was a drug dealer. To be in a drug deal, you need to know what you can spend, what you need to re-up. Or if you want to start some sort of barbershop or car wash- those were the businesses back then. Things you can get in easily to get of [that] life. At some point, you have to have an exit strategy, because your window is very small; you're going to get locked up or you're going to die."
On dealing with tabloid drama:
"It's so stupid. You know, I felt dismissive about it, but you've got to feel for her. I mean, we've got a really charmed life, so how can we complain? But when you think about it, we're still human beings."
-I.
source:celebritygossip

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu