luni, 8 iulie 2013

BTS (Bangtan Boys) - Interview

It may be less than a month since BTS made its debut, but the seven-member idol group is already making a scene in the K-Pop world, even gaining traction among fans abroad.
Made up of members Rap Monster, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, V, Jin and Jung Kook, BTS entered the idol group race with the release of No More Dream from its debut album 2 Cool 4 Skool on June 12, and the boys have been running nonstop. 

Hot off of its debut, Mwave had the opportunity to ask the BTS members a few questions, so read on to see what the boys had to say about finally making their debut and meeting their foreign fans!
What do you remember most about your debut?

Rap Monster: I saw a banner in front of the broadcast station on our way to SBS’ Inkigayo. The fans had hung a big banner to cheer us on, and I was so surprised and happy. I was in a daze because it had only been a few days since we made our debut.

Jin: We made our debut on Mnet’s M COUNTDOWN. I was so upset because I messed up the choreography during the rehearsal. I had tears in my eyes when we returned to the waiting room. I was worried that the other members would suffer because of me. But the actual performance went smoothly, and I was able to let out a deep breath.

V: We held a mini fan meeting during the week of our debut, and that’s what I remember the most. To be honest, we’re rookies who just made their debut, [so I wondered] would a lot of fans come? I was a little worried, but more people than I expected were waiting for us, so I was shocked. It lasted a little less than an hour, and we talked and took pictures together.
Many of  Mwave readers mentioned in the comments section of the BTS signed CD event that they were fans since before the group’s debut, and it seems like your blog was a big influence. Why did you begin blogging?

Rap Monster: We’ve been freestyling and making mixtapes since before our debut. While doing this, we thought it’d be fun to communicate with our fans through this. We shared the songs we made up until then, and the members also shared their personal interests. For example, Jin hyung likes to cook, so he would take a picture of whatever he cooked and post it. Suga would post reviews on sound equipment. BTS’ dance master J-Hope would post information and upload street dance videos.

Jimin: We even filmed what we did on a particular day and shared ‘This is what we did today’ with fans. It was really awkward at first, talking into the camera by ourselves, but I think we’ve gotten a lot better.

Jin: Nowadays, people who became fans after watching our No More Dream performances visit our blog often. And like videos and songs we’ve posted in the past. The blog is a precious space that treasures our history, from when we were trainees to now.
You have a lot of global fans. Is there a country you want to visit?

J-Hope: It’s hard to choose just one country. Since we began our blog, fans from Australia, Mexico, Spain, Japan and many more diverse countries have been leaving us messages of support. I want to meet them all!

V: We’re using Twitter as a group, and interestingly enough, many foreign fans began following us. It was so interesting to see how they heard about us and like us.
We heard the members wrote the lyrics to the songs on the album themselves. Could you talk a little bit about how you wrote the lyrics to No More Dream?

Rap Monster: I had a really hard time writing the lyrics to the debut track. Suga hyung and I have been writing lyrics to songs since before our debut, but I don’t think it was ever as difficult as it was with No More Dream. To be honest, before I decided that music was what I wanted to do, I didn’t have a dream. I only studied hard because I knew that if I got good grades, I’d get compliments, and I liked that. I wanted to ask those who are like how I was then: ‘What is your dream?’

J-Hope: The members got together and discussed what subject we should write about. We came up with close to 50 subjects. But when it came down to choosing the story that we were most capable of telling, that we experienced ourselves and could relate to, it was about school and dreams.

Suga: Since I was little, my dream was to do music. But when I looked around at my friends, there were a lot of kids who went to school every day then went home and were in this cycle without knowing what their dreams were. I wanted to ask those friends what it is that they really want to do, what their dreams are.
A lot of people have said that they can relate to the track Like. How did that song come about?

Jin: Like is a track in our debut single album 2 Cool 4 Skool that the members like in particular. We like it as much as the title track. If the title track is strong and dynamic, Like is a song that showcases BTS’ sweet charm. When we looking for material that a lot of people could relate to, Facebook’s ‘Like’ came up. I think anyone who has debated whether or not to press the ‘Like’ button on an ex’s post can relate to the song. 
The group’s image is hip hop, but which member has the most aegyo in real life?

Jung Kook: I’m the maknae of the group, but Jimin hyung has the most aegyo. And Suga hyung doesn’t have aegyo, but he’s mischievous. He likes to joke around a lot.

Jimin: I’m a year older than Jung Kook, but strangely, unlike a maknae, Jung Kook is really chic. I’m not the type to act cute on purpose, but I think it’s because I laugh really easily.
What do you each consider is your best feature?

Suga: My eye smile. And the fact that my image on stage is completely different from my image off stage. I think the twist will charm fans.

Jimin: My abs and eye smile. I think that my eye smile has a different kind of charm from SUGA hyung’s. And as you’ve probably seen onstage, I’ve got some abs. I haven’t been able to work out as much these days due to our schedule, so I worry all the time that my abs will melt away…

V: I speak with my face! I realized this when we shot the album jacket photos and when I’m on stage, but my facial expressions vary a lot. When I look at photos fans have taken of me, even I’m shocked. 

Rap Monster: It’s not a strength...but i break things easily. That’s why the members call me ‘Destroyer.’ Strangely, I break everything I touch.

Jin: I like to cook. But that’s just it, I enjoy it. I’m not good. I have my ups and downs when it comes to cooking. On good days I cook really well, but on bad days, it tastes bad.

J-Hope: I think the fact that I’m really positive is my strength.

Jung Kook: My charm is...I really don’t know yet. But according to the hyungs, I’m good at everything - rapping, singing and dancing. 
-L
source:enewsworld.mnet

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu